Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Why is infertility such a SECRET???

Why do people find it hard to talk about infertility? Are people ashamed of not being able to get pregnant? It's not something that we should be ashamed of. It's not like it's a choice that we made, it's just our life. Dustin and I are guilty for keeping our infertlity a secret and not telling our family about our infertility issues in the beginning and now I really don't know why we made that choice. There were SO many times that we needed someone to talk to. Someone to just let us get our frustration off of our chest. But we didn't tell anyone. We kept it a secret and tried to avoid the "When are yall going to have a baby?" questions. That is one thing that I do regret. We didn't tell anyone about our struggle with getting pregnant until we found out that were pregnant. Why did we feel it was ok to tell them then instead of 6 months earilier? I don't know. But, I know now that you should never be ashamed of something that you can't help. Let your family be there for you because they don't care what's going on, they are going to be by your side not matter what.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kren(you know our family always shortens it to this)-
    just wanted you to know that i love you and you are "my sister" and i will always be here for you whenever you need someone to talk to! im sitting here writing this and can't stop the tears from coming! i am guilty in not relying on my family like i should have for several years now! God gave us each other to help us thru the good times and the bad! For some reason we only want people to know about the good! You have really helped me with this blog in alot of ways! You may be younger than me but i have learned a lot from you! God is going to take great care of you and dustin both, i have no doubt. He will make a way for you because of your faith alone! Don't know how to really put all of my emotions into a letter, but all i can say is thank you for sharing this and i love you and dustin both! i pray for every happiness in the world for the both of you because ya'll deserve it! love, val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Val. You are and will always be "my sister". It has taken this circumstance for me to realize that I need to rely on my family for support, so don't feel bad- your not the only one. I'm bawling like a baby right now from reading your comment. It means a lot to me to know that YALL support us through this too. And always remember that they will support you in ALL that you do too. Especially me. If you ever need to talk you know my number. Im glad we have such a loving family. We love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete