Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Honey, I'm Pregnant!!!

After hanging up the phone with the nurse and pulling myself together I thought "How am I going to tell Dustin?". I have dreamed about how I would tell him the great news for months now. I came up with some of the cutest ideas but hadn't decided on the right one yet. But then I realized, I was driving to work, Dustin won't get off work until 3am, we are getting our ultrasound at 7:30am, When am I going to get the chance to even tell him????? Well, I always said that I would NEVER tell him the news over the phone, but I didn't have a choice. There wasn't any other time that I would be with him to tell him so I picked up the phone. I knew he was taking a nap but I had to get ahold of him before I went into work so I tried calling him not once, not twice, but FIVE times!!! WAKE UP AND ANSWER THE PHONE???? Then, I remembered that he was asleep on the couch in the livingroom and I thought if I let the answering machine pick up and SCREAM for him to answer the phone, then maybe he will wake up. Well, it worked. I left a very loud message telling him to wake up and answer the phone and I called back and he answered. He quickly answered, "What's wrong?". I sweetly said, "The doctor called me and said that I had to come in at 7:30am and I was wanting to know if you wanted to come with me?". He quickly said "No, I don't get home until 3am and I can't go with only 4 hours sleep! Don't you know I am trying to sleep?". He was so mad that I woke him up to ask him that. Then I responded, "Don't you want to go with me and see a picture of YOUR baby?". He was so confused that he thought he didn't hear me right. After I had to repeat myself a couple of times I just had to break it down for him and say "Honey, Im pregnant!!". He was SO excited. He couldn't believe it and wanted to know everything they told me. He quickly changed his mind about going with me to the ultrasound appointment, too. It was so sweet because when we were hanging up he said, "I don't think I can go back to sleep, I'm so excited!". He is going to be such a great daddy.

I was just in disbelief so after I got off work that night I bought a pregnancy test to see if it would be positive. I have seen SO many negative pregnancy test I just wondered how it would be to actually SEE a positive test! I took it as soon as I got home that the pregnancy line came up as soon as I sat it down. It came up even before the TEST line. Wow! They were right, I AM PREGNANT! Thank you God for making my dreams come true!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment