Monday, February 22, 2010

6 Week Post-Op Appointment

I went for my 6 week post-op appointment on February 16, 2010. When my doc came into the room I could see the hurt for us in his eyes. He quickly stated how sorry he was for us and wanted to know how we were doing. I explained how we had our tough times in the beginning, but we were much better now. We talked for a few minutes and he asked me "So how are you both feeling about getting pregnant again?". It didn't take me but a minute to answer that question. I quickly said "We feel the sooner, the better!". He just laughed and said "I knew you were going to say that". Then he explained that I was physically healed from the miscarriage and that if we were both emotionally ready to begin trying again, then we could get right to it. LOL! He said that sometimes women's bodies will regulate themselves after a pregnancy, so he wants us to wait before getting back on the clomid to see if my body will regulate itself. Wouldn't that be great. I have never been regular in my whole life. If not, then we will begin the clomid again in a couple of months.

As I left I thanked my doc for a sweet card that he had sent Dustin and I about 2 weeks after our loss. He had hand written it which meant a lot to us. He stated how sorry he was for our loss and told us that our family was in his PRAYERS! I love having a Christian doctorwho knows that prayer is the best medicine.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have an awesome doctor! I hope your body surprises you and starts a normal cycle on its own! :-)

    ReplyDelete