Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ultrasound #1

Of course you know I didn't sleep a wink that night. I was so excited and nurvous at the same time. Morning came and we were on cloud nine driving to the doctors office. I didn't know exactly how the ultrasound would go, but I have watched movies where women got ultrasounds done so I sat on the table and was getting ready to pull my shirt up so she could ultrasound my belly. Boy was I wrong. Apparently that is not how they do ultrasounds when you are so early in your pregnancy. She told me to remove my pants and cover up with the sheet. She was going to do a vaginal ultrasound. WHAT? I didn't even know they made vaginal ultrasounds and I sure didn't expect to be getting one done! That was a surprise but I didn't care. I was still too excited to worry about that. After she got everything set up we got to see our little baby! Of course at this point in a pregnancy all you could see was a black sac but that's all I needed to see. I really was pregnant! How amazing is that. I was glued to the screen just staring at our little baby.

Then, some not so good news came. It seemed that there was fluid/blood clot around the sac and it was a very large amount. She informed us that this was NOT good and it puts me at a very hight risk at miscarrying and that I needed to be on pelvic rest for the next week. I didn't need to lift anything heavy and I needed to try to stay off my feet as much as possible. She said only time will tell if this will improve by itself. My heart sank in my chest. I began to think, "How did this happen? Did I do something to cause this?". As soon as we left the doctors office we went straight home and began researching subchorionic hemerrhage, which is what the nurse called it. We learned that it just happens sometimes and nothing that I did really caused it. Sometimes the body will re-absorb the fluid and sometimes the body will release it and end in miscarriage. Being very scared all we knew to do was PRAY! We knew that it was in God's hands and we would do whatever we could to prevent anything bad from happening but in the end it was all in GOD'S HANDS!

The week went by so slow. My sweet husband didn't let me do ANYTHING. He treated me like I was on bedrest instead of just pelvic rest. He would pull the coffee table infront of the couch where I was laying so that the dogs wouldn't jump on my belly and hurt anything. Oh and I was NOT allowed to move the coffee table by myself. I had to call him everytime I wanted up so that he could come move it. He is so sweet and protective. I am so blessed to have such a great husband who cares so much! God has truly blessed me beyond measure!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm so glad that you found our blog and that it has brought some comfort to you and your husband. I'm not sure where you're at with your journey but please know that I'll be praying for you. I'm always open to any questions and would love to listen if you ever just need to vent. Feel free to leave me a comment anytime or you can email me privately if you ever want to at courtney.yerkes@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete