Wednesday, February 10, 2010

After A Year of Trying......

May of 2009 made one year since my husband and I started trying to have a baby. With a year behind us and no success, we decided to talk with my doctor about possible causes. After bloodwork and past medical history, my doctor decided that I had irregular ovulation or even possibly no ovulation. Of course you know you can't make a baby without an egg. So my doctor suggested that we try a fertility drug called clomid. This drug would help my body produce the correct amount of hormones to allow ovulation to occur. With this pill I had to take it for five days starting on CD 3-7. Month after month we didn't have any success. Each month I would have to go in for blood work to check my progesterone level. Progesterone levels over 15 is a good sign that you ovulated, but the majority of my tests came back lower. Two times we had high numbers (20 one time and 56 another). Of course our hopes were very high when we recieved such good news about my bloodwork but even with the great numbers, we still weren't pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment