Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ultrasound #2 and #3 ....Good News, Bad News

A week later (December 21) we had our 2nd ultrasound appointment. I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were so nervous and SCARED that the fluid would get worse. Well as soon as the began the ultrasound I automatically realized THERE WAS NO FLUID! The nurse even said "I can't believe it, it's GONE!". I knew what happened. God performed one of his precious miracles. He had heard our cries throughout the following week. He totally healed my hemorrhage. But, then I could see the fear in the nurses eyes. She kept looking real hard and moving the probe to different angles. I quickly asked what was wrong. My heart began to sink again. She said, "I can't find a baby in the sac. I'm so sorry!". All I could think was NO. She didn't know what she was talking about. God gave us this miracle and even performed another miracle by taking away the fluid. He wouldn't take our baby away! The nurse started telling us about how this condition was called a blighted ovum and honestly that all I can remember her saying. I was in shock. She did tell us that we needed to have a d&c as soon as possible to stop the pregnancy. All I could think about was "You look at one ultrasound and immediately tell us to end the pregnancy?". She claimed that my sac was so small that it wouldn't even measure to know how far along I was. She set us up for an appointment with my RE doctor.

When my husband and I left we came home and just cried! Then we started to talk about how we didn't feel comfortable just ending the pregnancy after ONE bad ultrasound. I immediately called my ob/gyn because I wanted a second opinion. I have been going to him for 4 years and I will trust his opinion more than a nurse that I have only met twice. I just could not believe that God would give us a little miracle and then just take it away. My sweet doctor knew how worried we were so he decided to see us the next day.

The next morning (Dec 22) we went to my OB and had another ultrasound done. Of course we saw the same thing (just a sac) but they were able to measure the sac with no problems. They measured me at 5 weeks and 5 days. The doctor said that we were way too early to even determine that there was not a baby. He said to give it two weeks and we will do another ultrasound. He said if we still see the same thing in two weeks then the prognosis would be confirmed, but not to worry about it until we know for sure. I love my ob/gyn. He is a christian and I love that about him. He told us that it is in GOD'S HANDS and we shouldn't worry about it. God knows what is best and we just need to trust in HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment