Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Update & A Question for my IF Friends

I just finished taking my provera yesterday which is relieving and upsetting at the same time. I waited nearly 9 weeks hoping that my body would regulate itself, but no luck. I started taking my pills last Thursday so it should be the weekend before af comes. Then we are going to try a natural month of trying to conceive. Maybe we can get lucky and get pregnant the "Old Fashion" way. Lol.

This question is for my infertility friends....

Does anyone else worry about taking provera?

Well....I do. I researched it the other day and found out that if for some reason you ARE pregnant when you take these pills it can cause a miscarriage or even severe birth defects. After reading that I made sure to take like 10 pregnancy test before taking my pills. But for some reason I keep thinking about how so many people claim that their pregnancy test came back negative when in fact they were pregnant. That just scares me.

Back in December when we found out that we were pregnant with our "angel baby", I almost started taking my provera the week before. I wasn't even going to bother taking a pregnancy test because my progesterone confirmed that I didn't ovulate. But because of our appointment with the RE was coming up, I just waited. Well from now on, no matter if I KNOW I'm not pregnant, I am still going to take a bunch of tests just in case. It's better to be safe than sorry!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you didn't start on your own but glad you can now get back on your journey to trying to have a baby... I hope you so much luck into this process... Everythang is for a reason. Maybe God was showing you b4 to really be careful and thankful for your pregnancy this next time. I will be praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through a friends blog. I also suffer from infertility but I do not have a blog yet. I love being able to read everyone else's stories which reasures me that I am not alone. I plan on starting a blog as soon as I find time. As far as the Provera question, I have taken it many times. It is a little scary but if you are truely worried about it ask your doctor for a blood test before you take your pills. That's what I do. Good luck this cycle!
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete