Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's been a WHILE!!!!!

It has been a VERY long time since I have blogged. The reason, mainly, is that nothing interesting has happened. We have had our first cycle on injectables, but unfortunatally it was a bust. Since then I've had a SIS and a hysteroscopy done. A SIS is basically where the doctor injects saline into your uterus and does a ultrasound at the same time to see if they see any signs of polyps. Knowing my luck, the doctor couldn't tell if I had a polyp or not. There was a very thick spot but she couldn't determine what it was. So, I had to have a hysteroscopy done. A hysteroscopy is where you are put to sleep and the doctors dilate your cervix and insert a camera into your uterus and visually look for polyps. Thankfully the doctor didn't find anything. She did decide to go ahead and do a d&c on me because my uterine lining has been extremely thick here lately and she wanted to get everything cleaned out and sent to pathology to make sure I didn't have any abnoralities in my tissue, which there wasn't! Another answered prayer. That was done on Aug. 27 so this week makes about 6 weeks since my surgery and I still haven't started my period. No I'm not pregnant. I called the doc yesterday and she said that they will give me a progesterone shot to induce my period again.

We are going to give it another try on the injectables, but this time the doc suggested us do a postcoital test. This is where they swab your cervix within 8 hours of intercourse to see if my body is fighting off my hubby's sperm. If for some reason this is the case, our next step would be to go straight to IUI. That is where the docs insert the sperm into me through a catheter bypassing my cervical fluid which could be attacking his sperm. But, right now we are not sure if this is the case. Just going to wait and see.

Right now all we can do is wait. Wait for my shot Friday, wait for af to show, wait for our test to be done, and then wait for our results. Wow, I'm really getting tired of all this WAITING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment