Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Here We Go Again......

Well af showed up yesterday which marks the beginning of our 2nd cycle on injectables. I have to go for my blood work and base line ultrasound Friday. Since I have to order my medication through Caremark and get it shipped to me, I had to call the nurse today and get her to call in my medication in advance. Most of the time they do not want to call in your meds before you have your baseline ultrasound because they want to make sure you don't have any cysts that would interfere with the shots. But, this month I am having to wait until CD 4 to get my ultrasound done because i can't take off work right now so i have to make all of my appointments at 7 am and friday was the only time they had available then. But, when I called the nurse she told me that the doc had changed my brand of injectables to Follistem instead of Gonal-f. I'm still not really sure why, but the nurse said that they have more success with follistem and I stimulated so well last month that they wanted to lower my dosage to 50 iui to minimize the chance of multiples. I had 4 mature eggs last time!!!! Wow...I could not imagine 4 babies, so I am kind of relieved that she lowered it. I would be extatic if we had twins. I would even be ok if we had triplets. (Shocked but still sane). But quads??? I would have passed out. But in the end I will be happy with whatever God blesses us with. He will never give us more than we can handle. Even though in my mind I could not handle 4 infants at one time! Lol!!!

Keeping our fingers crossed that this will be our month!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you girl. I hope this is your time to get prego!!! :)

    ReplyDelete