Thursday, October 28, 2010

And The Results Are.....Inconclusive


Yep, you read that right. I had the post coital test done today and the results were inconclusive because I was not close enough to ovulation to get an accurate result. She went ahead and done the test just for fun and said that the results were about half and half. Some of the sperm were still swimming around desperately and some were motionless. She said that I have to be within a day or two of ovulation for my cervical mucus to be fertile and not hostile for the sperm. Also, my ultrasound showed several growing follicles, but the largest was only 1.3cm. She said they have to be at least 1.8cm before they are considered mature. So the plans are for me to keep using my shots for 3 more nights and go for another ultrasound Sunday morning at 8am. She said that we can do another post coital test if we want Sunday, but now we are thinking about just going ahead and doing the IUI without worrying about doing another test. We haven't made up our minds for sure yet. We are going to discuss and pray about for the next couple of days.

A sweet blogger friend reminded me today that we shouldn't get caught up in our own "wants" during the IF process or any other part of life. We need to include God in our choices and let him make the final decisions. We want to follow God's will for our family and not our own. Thanks "Sara" for this awesome reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment