Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First of many RE Visits

On May 20 I went to the RE to get some bloodwork done and a progesterone oil shot in order to get my period going again. The nurse said that it could take 2-14 days for af to show up. WHAT??? I chose to go for the shot instead of taking the pills in hopes that the shot will bring on af sooner. But 14 DAYS!!! I didn't want to wait that long. They asked me if I had eaten anything that day yet which I hadn't. I'm not a huge breakfast fan so it is not unusual for me not to eat breakfast. Now the other two meals, that's another story! Lol! Anyways, because I hadn't eaten they decided to go ahead and do my fasting test again. The insulin leaves came back a little elevated when they took it the first time when I was pregnant so they wanted to check it again. After the visit they told me that I would get all my results back that afternoon! SAME DAY RESULTS!!!! I'm loving this place already! By around 2 or 3 they called and said that all my bloodwork came back fine and my insulin levels were back to normal. Such a relief! They said to call and schedule more bloodwork and a baseline ultasound as soon as af started!

I truly believe my stress level has decreased a ton just by seeing the aggressive monitoring the RE does. I'm excited to get started. Let's just hope I'm not the lucky few that has to wait the entire 14 days for af to show up!



No comments:

Post a Comment