Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Af came 7 days early!!!! YAY!

Af showed up on May 27! It only took af 7 days to come instead of the 14. Wow that was such a relief. I called that day and scheduled my bloodwork and baseline ultrasound for the next morning. After I got off the phone the realization that I am going to have to have a vaginal ultrasound done on CD 2 of my period really grossed me out. If the ultrasound doesn't make you uncomfortable enough lets just add you heaviest day of your cycle to it!!! Oh well I guess if that's what I have to do to make our dreams come true then it is totally worth it.

Well as soon as I came into the office they wanted me to go ahead and get the ultrasound done before the bloodwork. Well as soon as it began the nurse said, "Wow, you have got a very thick lining in your uterus which means that you are going to have a VERY heavy period this month"!! Well that was not what I wanted to hear! Lol! They she went on to check my ovaries for cysts. Well good news was that I didn't have any large cysts that would prevent me from starting my meds BUT I did have about 20 small cysts (which are immature eggs) on EACH side of my ovaries! WOW 40 immature eggs!!! She told me that that was a pretty sure sign of PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which means that each month my body tries to mature ALL of those eggs instead of just ONE which explains why I do not ovulate because there is not enough hormones to mature ALL of them. She said that she would let the doc check the pics and see if they want to put me on glucophage or not.

Then they took my bloodwork and said that they would call that afternoon with the results. Again, I'm loving the same day results thing!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I have PCOS!! It stinks. Let me know what u have to do to get prego if that is what u have!! I wish you the BEST of luck.

    ReplyDelete