Sunday, February 20, 2011

This cycle is NOT starting off good....


Ok, last Thursday started off great. I went to my appointment and got to see the "ladies" again (LPN and Nurse Practitioner). I've missed those girls! They are great! Anyways, my ultrasound turned out fine, they took my blood work, and then I got my progesterone shot. They told me that the shot wouldn't hurt as bad as it usually does because they are using a different kind now that is not as "thick" of an oil but the results are the same. I'm pretty tuff, if I say so myself, I never thought the "thick" one hurt too bad so I was like, ok. That's fine with me. Well she gave me my shot (which didn't feel much different) and told me that I should expect AF by monday. If she comes by monday i wouldn't have to do another baseline ultrasound or blood work. I could use everything from today. I'm thinking, "That's great, I wouldn't have to pay another copay or get up extra early to come before work and get pricked with another needle or another ultrasound". So I went off on my merry way to work.

Well, Friday morning I woke up and my butt, hip, thigh...practically my whole right lower side felt like someone had pulled every muscle I had out! I could barely even put pressure on my right leg. Not to mention when I sat down my right butt cheek felt like needles!!! I think she hit a major muscle with the needle because it was nearly unbearable! It has taken until Sunday morning to get back to normal. Lets just say that I am NEVER doing that again. I would rather take the pills and wait for AF to come in two weeks.

So that was one negative thing that has happened so far. SECOND, DH and I decided to go back to using gonal-f injectables instead of follistem because they didn't seem to have as many side effects on me AND I seemed to respond better to that medication. So i asked the nurse and she said "Sure"! Well later that day the nurse called back and said "well, the doc has you on 50 units but gonal-f pen doesn't go that low. So they only way to use that medication is to mix up the ingredients when you get ready to use them and you have to use a syringe to draw out your dosage every night. OK....that doesn't sound too bad but i guess i'm spoiled to the "twist the knob on the pen and it does all the work kind of shot". Needless to say I agreed to go that route because I don't want to use follistem this cycle. We will just have to see how this works out!!!

THIRD, it is now Sunday night and AF is no where to be found!!!! And you know what that means! If she doesn't show up in the morning I am going to have to schedule ANOTHER appointment and have a baseline ultrasound and blood work done AGAIN!!! Not very happy about that one. I don't expect her to show in the morning either because she is showing NO signs that she is coming soon!!!

I sure hope this is not a sign that this cycle is not going to turn out good! Please pray that things start getting better!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck girl. I hope it all works out for ya. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that I continue to pray for you guys. I know you will be the best parents to the child God has planned for you. Love you both very much.

    ReplyDelete