Saturday, April 23, 2011

PRAYERS NEEDED.......

This has been a rough week. We went to our 2nd ultrasound appointment Tuesday and we were so excited to see our little one again and see how much he/she had grown over the week. But our hearts broke in half when the ultrasound tech told us that the baby had only grown 1 day bigger over the past 7 days. Also we got to measure the heart rate and our poor little one isn't doing well. It's heart rate only measured 71 bpm. The RE said that normal range is over 100 bpm at this stage. We finished with the ultrasound and went into a room waiting for the RE to come in and talk with us. When she came in she acted like we had already lost the baby. She gave me a hug, told me she was so sorry, and then started asking me if i would rather have a D&C this time or just let the miscarriage happen naturally. My mouth dropped i was so in shock. She went on talking about how they can send the fetus off to be tested to see what was wrong with it and they could do genetic test on me and DH that day!!! WHAT???? I was beyond mad. They were sitting there acting like my baby was DEAD. My baby STILL has a heartbeat! MY BABY IS NOT DEAD! Needless to say when we left there we called my OB/GYN and scheduled an appointment with him. I understand the RE trying to be honest and upfront about the possibility of losing our little one BUT we the baby is NOT dead. They were WAY out of line bringing all that up at the moment.

Anyways, we went to see my OB/GYN thursday (which was my BIRTHDAY) and we got a little better report. The baby had grown another day bigger over the past two days and its heart rate had went from 71 to 85 bpm. He did tell us that there was still a lot of concern because of the low heart rate but IT'S ALL IN GOD'S HANDS. Yes my doctor told me that. I love him. He is such a great Christian man. This was a great day to me because we got to HEAR the heartbeat for the first time. That was the sweetest sound ever. Such a GREAT birthday gift.

We go back to the OB Monday to see if there are any more improvements. Please keep us in your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry girl. I know God will take good care of your precious baby. I'm praying for a much better RE visit next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going MOnday to see HOW MUCH improvment.
    FAITH!!:) Love you all Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!!!! You and your little one are in my prayers! Miracles happen like this all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checking in to see if there is any more news!? Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been thinking about you and praying for you. I really hope the appointment on Monday went well.

    ReplyDelete